REQUEST A QUOTE
The Smart Alternative to AutoCAD
Unrivaled Compatibility with AutoCAD
See the video showing the CAD features and the drawing environment of 4MCAD
I. Highlights for 4MCAD PRO v.21
Interoperability – working with files
- PDF to CAD conversion (DWG file)
- Import Revit files (RFA and RVT format files)
- Import and export IGES format files
- Import and export STEP format files
- Working with point clouds – attaching point cloud .rcp/.rcs files
New BIM entities/objects
- ADT Objects (architectural desktop objects): Creates ADT walls, openings (windows, doors), curtain walls, stairs, ramps, roofs, rails, studs, joists etc
- Conversion of entities to walls and slabs.
- Steel Elements: creates steelwork elements: profiles, plates, bolts, studs, joists etc.
- Wood Elements: creates woodwork elements.
- Creation of elevation lines and section lines.
3D Solid Modelling
- Conversion of entities to three-dimensional meshes or surfaces using the Convert to Mesh and Convert to Surface commands.
- Facet Modeler to draw these 3D entity types: box (FMBOX), cone (FMCONE), cylinder (FMCYLINDER), pyramid (FMPYRAMID), sphere (FMSPHERE), and torus (FMTORUS).
- Draw construction lines using the new Construction Line command.
- FM3DCONVERT and FMEXTRUDE commands to convert more types of three-dimensional entities to other types of three-dimensional entities.
- Editing of the 3D entities of the new Facet Modeler: 3D convert (FM3DCONVERT), extrude (FMEXTRUDE), intersect (FMINTERSECT), revolve (FMREVOLVE), subtract (FMSUBTRACT), and union (FMUNION).
II. General New Features for 4MCAD v.21
(Applied to all versions – 4MCAD Classic, 4MCAD Standard and 4MCAD PRO)
Latest DWG format
- Read/Write to Autocad2018 format (previous version 19 had only the Read function)
- Tool Palette (acad-like Tool Palette)
- Ribbon menus & menu bar interface, both together at the same time.
- “Save Workspace”command (WSSAVE)for saving a workspace and its settings.
- “Close All Others” command (CLOSEALLOTHER) to close all drawing windows except the current one.
- Other improvements: Quick CUI command, Right-click a drawing tab to see options for the tab, Cursor Types (regular, gunsightand XOR when overlapping a same color area), etc
Blocks and External references
- New command Convert Block to XRef to convert each occurrence of a selected block to an external reference.
Selecting and modifying entities
- Selection Filter command to display the Selection Filter pane (allowing to filter and select entities by layer, color, entity type, and linetype).
- Selection Cycling tab to specify how to select when selecting entities that overlap.
- Overkill command to delete or combine duplicate or overlapping entities.
- View and select a range of actions on the Undo/Redo toolbar
- Thicken command to convert surfaces and meshes into three-dimensional solids with a specified thickness (4MCAD PRO).
- Additional grips and properties to polygons, rectangles and break lines, for smart editing.
- New CAMERA command to create and modify view settings for a drawing.
- Work with multiline text using right-to-left fonts.
- Create additional types of lists for multiline text.
- Resize text using the Scale Text command.
- Draw a circle, rectangle, or dashed line around text using the Enclose Text with Shape command.
- Position text within a defined space using the Text Fit command.
- Export Layout to Model (.dwg)
- Publish drawings to DWF and DWFx.
- Auto Publish command to automatically create electronic files (.dwf/.pdf) from the current drawing.
- .NET wrappers for architectural objects.
- Load IRX applications automatically in IntelliCAD via the registry.
- Improved performance when snapping to .pdf files, blocks with many nested entities and point clouds.
- Zoom and Pan, 3 times faster for clipped external references.
- Opening external reference files much faster.
- Improved performance when selecting by window.
- Incremental saving of .dwg files is supported, providing much faster saving of large .dwg files that contain only a few changes.
- New system variables: AECAUTOUPDATE, AUTOMATICPUB, AUTOPUBLISHPATH, BLOCKEDITLOCK, CROSSHAIRMODE, OVERKILLMODE, OVERKILLTOLERANCE, OVERKILLTOLARCCHORD, OVERKILLTOLARCENDPOINT, REFPATHTYPE, SELECTIONCYCLING, SJTABTINDEX, TASKBAR, WOODTABINDEX, and XREFNOTIFY.